We are looking for a dynamic senior Accounting executive to oversee and manage our global accounting and tax functions. This individual will partner with external and internal stakeholders of MediaMath to ensure a robust set of relationships that provide capital and operational support for our core financial Operational, Audit & Governance processes. Ideally seeking a strong leader who has built & scaled a well-functioning org for a $100M+ organization. Your expertise will drive the accounting and finance policies and their constant evolution within Mediamath. The Controller (VP, Accounting) will not only be responsible for overseeing all accounting and tax functions globally - they will create cutting edge strategies to support our strategic and long-term roadmap with an increasingly scalable & operationally efficient organization.
• Recruit, manage, and oversee all accounting departments; work with accounting managers to deliver best in class corporate controls via systems ownership & process optimization
• Manage the end-to-end monthly close process in conjunction with Finance Operations
• Act as liaison to outside auditors; held accountable for internal and external audits and making recommendations and changes to processes & systems
• Track records, plan, and file all state and federal taxes, along with internal and external financial reports
• Establish effective financial controls to ensure predictable and smooth operations, including cash management, currency risk mitigation, cost management & financial statement construction
• Create accounting strategies to maximize profits
• Assess tax strategies related to profits earned domestically, internationally and globally
• Ensure all financial data adheres to current tax laws and regulations
• Regularly examine financial statements and ensure they are accurate and free of any errors
• Organize and update financial records; monitor all accounting operations
• Analyze accounts and suggest improvements to reduce costs and increase profits
• Stay abreast on industry changes and current accounting/tax laws
• Prepare, manage, and present monthly financial reports
• Partner closely with the CFO to ensure that all business decisions are supported by accurate and timely financial information
• A proven Financial executive with extensive department and people leadership experience
• Able to challenge our “ways of working” to maximize our resources and enhance our profitability
• Able to influence and facilitate groups with diverse perspectives and bring teams to consensus/alignment
• Able to demonstrate prudent judgment when making important decisions by utilizing knowledge of industry best practices and current trends
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA or Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 15 years of experience
• Strong understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles, financial operations, tax and management/financial reporting
• Mix of Big Four public accounting experience and private company industry experience is required
We are building a new accountable & addressable supply chain for the industry. Brands and their partners use our technology and services to achieve the performance they deserve with less effort. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over one-third of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships. Our clients can access the purest supply to reach real humans at the scale they need across channels like mobile, CTV and display and can use a combination of advanced AI and human expertise to drive improved results over time.
Check below to see all of the open MediaMath jobs organised by office location.
Check below to see all of the open MediaMath jobs organised by team.