Search on its own is a highly complex data-set. Captify’s technologies have been built to extract maximum value from search for brands, partners and businesses all over the world and also to innovate & improve the consumer experience.
Captify’s world-class engineers, semantic specialists, and product teams are building the future of Search and as part of our Engineering Team you will play a key part in developing our offering.
Our Big Data team is enabling the optimal storage, organisation and timely retrieval of our data.
They are responsible for optimisation of ETL pipelines, maintaining over 60 Spark jobs. Building a data lake for data scientists and analysts.
We work in small cross-functional pods of developers who focus on a particular product areas and we encourage people to rotate across teams More detail around each of the team's responsibilities can be found here.
We’ve been growing rapidly and as we start our international roll-out, we’re looking for ambitious engineers to help us build the future of work.
Our engineering guide - will give you a good feel for how we work together. Our company values are important to us and influence how we work together.
With exciting projects, technologies and services in the pipeline now is a great time to be part of our journey.
- You will help architect and build solutions to business-critical problems
- You will be participating in interesting projects such as:
- Carrying out efficient integration with our data providers via various API endpoints and data representation formats.
- Building and deploying an in-house distributed ETL pipeline for processing petabytes of data per day
- Enable an accurate, comprehensive and reliable data storage in our distributed data warehouses based on the needs of other teams
- Providing continuous improvements in the way data is being processed and stored based on the feedback and needs of the business or other teams
- Setting up monitoring for key performance metrics and overall systems' behaviour to promptly react in case any anomaly detected
- You will be responsible for optimisation of ETL pipelines, maintaining over 60 Spark jobs. Building a data lake for data scientists and analysts.
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
- Be a part of a self-organising, results-oriented agile team using Kanban to complete new product launches
What you need to be successful:
We’re looking for a mid to senior-level candidate who has opinions but wants to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in.
- have 5+ years experience in software development and have exceptional problem-solving skills
- solid hands on Scala programming language (proven production experience)
- solid hands on Apache Spark framework (proven production experience)
- solid hands on Apache Spark SQL
- have proven production experience with at least on of the following big data warehousing engines (distributed storages): Apache Impala and/or Presto and/or Amazon Athena; queries optimisation, data analytics
- have proven working record with RDMS (relational databases) (e.g. PostgreSQL/MySQL (stored functions, triggers, command line tools))
- have proven production experience with at least one of the following resource sharing frameworks Apache Mesos and/or Kubernetes and/or Yarn: jobs deployment, jobs scheduling, resource allocation, jobs execution debugging, logs collection and analysis
- have proven production experience with monitoring tools and distributed logging frameworks (Prometheus, Grafana, GrayLog)
- have proven production experience with at least one of the cloud services providers AWS Cloud services and/or Google Cloud services: command line tooling , data access, integrations, authentication etc.
- are Unix OS family (Linux/FreeBSD/OSX) advocate: shell scripting and essential commands knowledge
- are familiar with Docker and use it in your integration tests
- are passionate about following best industry practices: TDD, BDD , CI/CD etc
- have understanding and working production experience with HTTP/HTTPS protocols; ability to setup and deploy a simple web server if needed; 3d party HTTP/HTTPS integrations;
- have proven experience of building production-ready ETL processing pipelines
- have a proven track record of building integration with third parties via various APIs (http, file, message base)
- are passionate about working in a fast paced, startup like environment.
- are a proactive self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team
- have good written and verbal English communication skills
You earn bonus points for the following:
- experience with striming frameworks Apache Kafka and/or Apache Flink
- experience with distributed key value stores: Aerospike, HBase etc
- experience with workflow frameworks (e.g. Apache Airflow etc.)
- some experience in the AdTech sector is advantageous
- previous experience in Bank or any Accounting field in a role of analyst is an advantage
- experience with working in an international team
What is in it for you:
- Flexible working – We give you the option to Work from Home or better still you can work from any Captify office for 2 weeks in total per year.
- Sharing culture - If you have learned something new, we welcome you sharing to the to share it with the team through a short presentation.
- Diversity – You will be working in global diverse teams with intelligent and like-minded individuals
- Days off - You will get 20 days holiday per year plus 2 bonus days off including your birthday. We get all 11 of the Ukraine public holidays off
- Limited Company - We help manage your Limited Company and provide you with supporting where needed