Our product restores publishers’ existing website monetization technologies for adblock users who consent to it, while making sure that all ads adhere to the lighter, stricter Acceptable Ads standard, a happy middle ground for users and publishers. Users also have the ability to opt out if they prefer no ads at all.
Through a complex cloud-based system, we use sophisticated algorithms and real-time analysis to determine which ads qualify for an optimal user experience, all in the time it takes for a website to load. We process vast numbers of requests, processing tens of billions of ad impressions per month.
Reporting to the COO, the Director of Finance will be responsible for completing accurate and up-to-date monthly financial reporting for business operations at Blockthrough. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of our business model to create financial models and forecasts that will directly influence the growth strategy of the company.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with our third party accounting vendor to ensure monthly accurate income and cash flow statements
- Work with vendor for payroll administration and account reconciliation
- Ensure there is supporting documentation for all financial transactions
- Work with the COO to provide reliable forecasts of cash flow and budgeting
- Develop sound financial controls, processes and policies to protect the business and track spending
- Own and refine the billing and collections process for our clients to make payment easier, faster, and more predictable
What You'll Need
- CFA, CPA, MBA or equivalent experience
- 5+ years (relevant) professional experience, ideally in a startup environment
- Deeply analytical and at home in Microsoft Excel. So much so that you consider yourself to be a spreadsheet expert
- Deep understanding of financial reporting and modelling, and is excited to take ownership of a small, fast-growing company’s finances
- Excellent written and verbal communication and follow through – nothing falls through the cracks
- Strong decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with an innate ability to approach problems from all angles in order to identify the best possible solution
Bonus If You Have
- Experience with and thrives in a demanding work environment with minimal established processes and light oversight
- Initiative and are not afraid to take ownership of solving problems
- The ability to adapt to new responsibilities as the company evolves
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough:
Close-knit and collaborative culture with transparent leadership that cares
Competitive compensation (including health benefits) and stock options at a fast-growing startup
4 weeks vacation
Top-of -the-line hardware
Optimal work-life balance
Up to $1k home office reimbursement
Professional Development Compensation
100% remote or the opportunity to work out of our central downtown Toronto office, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups