We’re looking for an experienced product person to lead the creation and evolution of a new “alternative monetization” product line that will focus on monetizing websites without ads.
You will own your own product roadmap and work closely with the senior product manager and our leadership team to create, define and take to market an alternative monetization product line that aligns with the company’s mission and strategic objectives. The ambition is to create a product that assists Publishers in monetizing their websites through alternative revenue streams that are independent from ads. You are a highly motivated self-starter with a background in B2C software products.
If you're passionate about creating great products from scratch, love working with other fun, talented people and enjoy working with top-tier engineers, then this role is a great fit for you.
What you will do
1. Develop products that help our business scale
· Design and drive the development of alternative monetization products that align with our company mission
· Research, refine and document product requirements by collecting feedback from customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
· Work with the engineering team to develop thoughtful product specifications, data flows, and tracking requirements to arrive at the best solutions
· Work with leadership and engineering to set and meet aggressive product deadlines
2. Influence and drive product direction
· Construct business cases to support product priorities
· Own product roadmap and prioritization in collaboration with leadership and engineering
· Back up decisions with data and research
· Communicate value propositions and desired outcomes effectively
· Create a framework to analyze the landscape of competitors, as well as potential partnerships and opportunities
· Work with our senior product manager and senior leadership to devise and define new product opportunities that drive revenue-positive outcomes for our customers
What you will need
· 3+ years of product management or equivalent experience
· Strong domain expertise in consumer-facing software products
· An understanding of UX and UI and how they influence a user’s journey
· An understanding of adtech, online publishing and online display advertising
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of software development best practices, digital content management and delivery, analytics platforms and general web development technologies across multiple platforms and device types.
· A passion for making systems better and solving hard problems
· Ability to focus on core needs and iterate fast
· Ability to distinguish between edge case and product requirement
· Experience taking products from ideation to launch
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough:
Close-knit and collaborative culture with transparent leadership that cares
Competitive compensation (including health benefits) and stock options at a fast-growing startup
4 weeks vacation
Top-of -the-line hardware
Optimal work-life balance
Up to $1k home office reimbursement
Professional Development Compensation
100% remote or the opportunity to work out of our central downtown Toronto office, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups