The Legal Team at VideoAmp is seeking a contracts administrator to join our team. In this position, you will work as the first Contracts Administrator of VideoAmp’s growing legal team. The Contracts Administrator will assume responsibility for all of the company’s contracts administration/operations process, support the legal team and other departments, and review agreements. The ideal candidate will be a team player who can work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Due to the implications of COVID-19, this role is virtually based and our organization is committed to prioritizing your health and safety through these unprecedented times.
- Assist with drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts as well as perform post-contract administration activities (i.e., amendments, change orders, contracts administration, etc.).
- Own and maintain the integrity of the department filing and organization system (electronic and paper), including keeping track and initiating actions for compliance purposes (privacy compliance, corporate registration, etc.).
- Support collection and tracking of supplier contract obligations (i.e., certificate of insurance, lien releases, etc.).
- Manage DocuSign signature process
- Perform routine copying, distribution, mailing, tracking of contract documents.
- Work closely with other departments in developing, implementing, improving, and reviewing legal processes as well as other ad hoc assignments.
- Assist with legal research.
- Work closely with other departments in the Stock option plan implementation and administration.
- Provide broad legal support for the legal team and other client groups.
- Minimum of 3 years of contract management/paralegal/ experience required.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with employees at all levels.
- Experience with various contract management systems.
- Proficiency with Carta software.
- Experience with contract drafting, review, and negotiation.
- Ability to multi-task and is a true problem-solver.
- Aptitude to analyze and understand business contracts.
- Understanding of common contractual terms and practices.
- Cognizance of general business practices and legal issues.
- Commitment to being responsive and reliable.
- Highly organized, efficient, and has strict attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in-person, in email, and on the telephone.
- Takes initiative and ownership of assignments.
- Executes his or her duties with professionalism and the utmost discretion.
- Willing to work in a start-up team environment and take direction and feedback.
- Eager to implement best practices and workflow systems.
- Excellent follow-through and ability to find and utilize all resources available.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to work well with others, super-smart, passionate about what you do, and fired up about the opportunity in front of VideoAmp.