As part of the team in Ghent, you will focus on our Publisher product, which provides publishers with measurements, insights and analytical tools, exposed through a SaaS web application. This enables our customers (media publishers and content makers) to understand and optimize the digital advertisements on their sites, which supports the articles, videos, and any other content they create.
The Team and Your Role
You will join our Publisher department in Ghent, and work closely with our development teams.
- As a driving force of the Publisher department QA chapter, you will work together with engineers from other departments to improve and standardize the QA processes within the company.
- You “lead by example”: you use a critical eye on our test infrastructure and methodology, improve it and showcase this to the different development team, so they can adopt these best practices.
- You translate requirements into test scenarios so that defects and regressions can be identified as soon as possible.
- You file clear and actionable bug reports. If bug reports return from the field, you work with the team to identify the gaps in the test plan and add test cases.
- You seek to automate as much of the testing as possible. You discuss with the development team which hooks and/or infrastructure you need to automate the necessary tests.
- From time to time, you do exploratory testing to find less obvious bugs.
We realize your background might be different than ours and we welcome it. Rather than requiring specific technical knowledge, we think it’s important to have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering, web technology and QA processes.
Who You Are
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering, QA and/or DevOps, and significant experience with both manual testing and setting up automated test development.
- You have good knowledge of testing automation frameworks such as Gauge, Taiko, Selenium or similar.
- You have an open and critical mind.
- You have excellent communication skills, in particular to other technical teams and audiences.
- You have experience working with SQL, Docker, Node.js, GCP, AWS are advantages.