As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design, implement and maintain microservices oriented backend, APIs and customer facing User Interfaces for the Reporting system. You are passionate about code quality, Test Driven Development and have a strong opinion on the right way to build software.
You will be part of the team that is responsible for providing our customers with reporting infrastructure to see how their advertising campaigns are performing.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Quantcast, you will have a major impact on how the world perceives and interacts with our products.
We hope that you’ll bring your passion for application development to help us build truly world-class technology and products!Responsibilities
- Define, code, test, and deploy new features to our cloud-hosted ad management services with an emphasis on API standards, extensibility, robustness and performance
- Work cross-functionally with Product and other Engineering teams to contribute to the product definition and system design
- Continually evaluate and instill best practices into the development process, including automated testing, code organization and style, and application architecture
- Work with Product Managers to develop product intuition and actively contribute to the roadmap
- Participate in a team-wide on-call rotation to keep the systems ticking along
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and 5+ years of software development experience.
- Expertise in programming with Java. Proficiency in another language like Python, Scala, Go etc.
- Experience with developing consumer facing web applications using ReactJS
- Working knowledge of databases like Postgresql, Mysql, ElasticSearch etc and passion for new technologies and driven to build the best products
- Strong understanding of various web technologies and frameworks
- Have a solid foundation of data structures and algorithms and ability to apply them to real-world problems
- Experience of Cloud technology (AWS or similar)Working with distributed big data systems using Hadoop MapReduce is a nice to have
- Object-oriented application development experience
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Passion for new technologies and driven to build the best products