Outbrain is the world’s leading discovery and native advertising feed for the open web. A third of the World’s Internet-connected population explore and discover information through our feed technology, which is trusted by emerging to established brands and integrated into thousands of media companies’ tech stacks to manage and monetize their publishing operations. Outbrain operates in 55 countries and is headquartered in New York City with offices in 18 cities worldwide.
We are seeking an energetic Senior Accountant for our US Corporate Accounting team. Our corporate accounting team is responsible for the global accounting and reporting of Outbrain across various international locations. You will play a key role in ensuring the integrity of certain account ledgers with heavy focuses on technical accounting and corporate reporting aspects of the End of Month/Quarter/Year-end process.
You will report directly to a manager on the Corporate and Technical Accounting team, which represents a great opportunity to gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing digital organization.
The successful applicant will be able to fulfill the following tasks:
- Lead the procedures for monthly/quarterly/annual analyses and reconciliation processes of technical accounting areas (such as equity, stock-based compensation and capitalized software), including overseeing staff and recording journal entries.
- Perform technical accounting research and draft accounting memorandums, particularly for stock-based compensation, equity, debt, and revenue recognition.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards and accounting policies, as well as new systems across cross-functional teams.
- Assist in the SEC reporting process, including the accumulation of support, the preparation of financial statements and footnote disclosures, responding to audit inquiries and serving as a key contact for the external auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting information for Outbrain budget owners, management, and finance executive team.
- Oversee corporate accounting staff to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables and management of team well-being.
- Assist with various projects and month-end close tasks assigned by manager and other ad hoc tasks within finance when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Ability to manage own time while responsible for multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong knowledge and application of US GAAP, with subject matter emphasis and experience on advanced / complex topics
- 4+ years of accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 busy seasons of audit experience
- Technical accounting experience a must, particularly in stock-based compensation / equity; experience on new accounting standards a plus
- Disciplined self-starter with can-do attitude; proactive, resourceful, collaborative team player with the ability to anticipate; detail oriented and strong follow-through skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and liaise across multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) to achieve objectives
- A great communicator who can respond quickly in a fast-moving environment, with all levels including management and external parties
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to handle changing circumstances when necessary
- Self-motivation with interests in understanding processes / systems related to overall management of the business and in streamlining and improving processes
- Grow within a finance organization moving to become a leader in the digital area
- Embrace change and system automation allowing scalability and adding value and strategic insight to the business
- Fluency in English
- CPA designation
- Preference for Big-4 experience and/or SEC registered company
- Knowledge and experience with SEC regulations and internal controls a plus
- Preference for experience in auditing public companies and/or fast-growing technology companies
- Preference for experience managing, overseeing, and reviewing junior team members
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products, experience in Power BI or Tableau a plus
- NetSuite and Adaptive experience a plus