Outbrain is seeking a consultative Strategic Partner Manager for our New York office who will be responsible for supporting the revenue, relationship growth and partnership renewals for Outbrain’s Engage publishers.
Outbrain works with premium digital publishers including NY Post, The Washington Post, Meredith, Penske Media Group, E.W. Scripps Company and more. These partners rely on our Partner Management team to help them achieve their strategic goals through revenue optimization, audience engagement, new product adoption and long-term renewals.
In a post-pandemic world, this role requires travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Own all post-contract client communication and account activity for some of Outbrain’s largest clients including, but not limited to, regular client meetings to understand priorities, review performance, and share product updates
- Manage all ongoing renewal activity for your book of business including modeling, proposals and client negotiations, as well as assist in coaching and advising the Engage Partner Management team in their upcoming/active renewal opportunities
- Analzye and monitor client performance trends and find actionable insights, identify revenue and engagement opportunities and work with client to implement them
- Develop processes in order to provide superior client support and escalate partner feedback to internal stakeholders
- Work with a broad range of internal parties (Product, Engineering, Business Development, Legal, Marketing) to build partner strategies
- Oversee core technology integrations, with support from the technical optimization and product teams, to ensure smooth and successful launches
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 4+ years of account management or project management experience with direct ownership of contract renewals/negotiations (experience with digital publishers and/or digital partners a plus)
- Excellent quantitative skills and a proven ability to monitor, identify and present performance metrics (pivot tables are your friend)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (expect QBRs, renewal discussions, and client socializing)
- History of managing client renewals from modeling proposals through contract
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Familiarity with online advertising and/or publishing