In this role as Project Manager, you will help to increase Copilot’s trajectory by being a key driver in improving process efficiencies, defining best practices, and playing a lead role in the top-down management of the full project lifecycle--from planning and resourcing to execution and close. You will oversee project management and be the scrum master that “keeps the trains running on time.”
A FEW DESCRIPTORS THAT FIT YOU:
- You strive for clarity in communication, distilling information to only what is relevant to illustrate an idea or a problem.
- You keep an open mind toward solutions and don’t treat your ideas as precious.
- You love to work on complex problems and build solutions that are simple for users.
- You obsess over details but know when to compromise to ship code and deliver value.
- You are detail-oriented and comfortable writing coherent and detailed technical specs.
- Can think on your feet and if you don’t know it, “you’ll figure it out.”
- Organize and facilitate project planning, grooming, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Ensure the engineering backlog is comprised of well-defined stories and tasks, with agreed upon and understood acceptance criteria.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition, as well as resource schedules.
- Continuously track progress, document and follow-up on issues, and facilitate communication to keep projects on-track.
- Communicate team metrics (velocity, cycle time, etc.) and release progress to product, team leads, and management.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks, roadblocks, dependencies, and other obstacles to release commitments.
- Coordinate dependencies on shared data science, analyst, design, and QA teams.
- Create and maintain process documentation and project management artifacts, along with on-boarding material.
- Plan and track for activities that be capitalized per finance guidelines.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to ensure resourcing aligns with timelines and goals.
- Establish and maintain JIRA workflows and field usage that streamlines all tasks above.
- Work with Product team to make sure JIRA backlog is properly maintained.
- Draft process and workflow documentation as it relates to project management.
- 3+ years of experience as Scrum Master or Project Manager in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong experience managing JIRA/Confluence, DevOps, or related software.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Process-oriented with a strong desire for efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ability to reconcile multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- PMP, Agile Scrum Master, or related certification preferred.