As part of the team in Ghent, you will focus on our Publisher product, which provides publishers with measurements, insights and analytical tools, exposed through a SaaS web application. This enables our customers (media publishers and content makers) to understand and optimize the digital advertisements on their sites, which supports the articles, videos, and any other content they create.
The team and your role
You join our Publisher department in Ghent, and work closely with our development teams and product management, in Ghent, but also Berlin, Minsk, Tel Aviv, New York and San Diego.
- You focus on architectural and technical challenges that exceed the scope of a single team, e.g. services and their API’s, shared technologies and data architecture.
- Hands-on work, e.g. prototyping or building an MVP together with one of the teams, enables you to “lead by example”. This is instrumental in convincing the larger organization of the value of the architectural and technological solutions you present.
- Collecting input from the teams and their members, and making the architectural goals explicit, enables you to leverage the expertise available across the teams, and creates buy-in for your decisions.
- Communication is a major part of your role: from creating and maintaining high-level diagrams of the architecture and data flows, to making sure the teams have a correct understanding of the why and what of our architecture and technology. By organizing overviews and Q&A sessions with the different development teams, you make sure that we all stay aligned.
We realize your background might be different than ours and we welcome it. Rather than requiring very specific technical knowledge, we think it’s important to have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of software architecture and engineering.
Who you are
- You have at least 10 years of experience in software development, either as a lead software engineer, or as a software architect. A significant part of this experience involves hands-on software development, ideally while working on a SaaS product in a cloud environment. Experience with the development of data intensive applications is a strong advantage.
- You already have some experience with the non-implementation aspects of software development: refinement of requirements, creating technical documentation and diagrams and communicating to audiences larger than a single team.
- You have a strong interest in technology: you keep up to date on best practices and new technologies, but assess them with a critical eye.
- You have an open and critical mind, and welcome challenges to your ideas and proposals.
- You have excellent communication skills, in particular to technical audiences. You have an excellent proficiency in English, and are able to express yourself in a clear and visual way. You are able to articulate your reasoning and make your assumptions explicit.
- You have a good understanding of modern cloud platforms.
- You work with international teams, located in different timezones (Eastern Europe to West Coast USA), and occasionally will travel internationally.
What we offer
We offer excellent compensation and benefits:
- A stock plan
- A bonus plan
- A competitive wage
- A company car
- A generous vacation schedule
- Flexible working hours and a remote working policy
- 10% of your time dedicated to your personal growth plan
- Compensation for public transportation and biking
- Group and hospitalization insurance
- Meal vouchers and eco vouchers