The US Junior HR Generalist is a key member of the Talent team. Reporting to the HR Manager, this role provides HR administrative support to employees and managers in a variety of employee relations areas, including new hire onboarding, benefits, and employee engagement. This role will be responsible for the organization and maintenance of employee files, supporting the administration of employee benefits and leaves of absence, and ensuring company policies and practices are followed.
This role is an advocate for MiQ’s culture and values, representing who we are to stakeholders. Possessing a high attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of continuity and reliability, the Junior Generalist is committed to providing the highest level of HR service possible.
WHO YOU ARE
We love different personalities at MiQ and strive to build teams constructed with diverse backgrounds and inclusive points of view. That said, we firmly believe that our values bring us together and we look for people who align with our values below.
- Passion – We love and live what we do.
- Determination – We always find a way to ‘figure it out’.
- Unity – We hold each other accountable. We win and lose as a team.
- Agility – We anticipate the unexpected, embrace and adapt to change.
- Courage – We dare to think unconventionally.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the Junior HR Generalist, you will have a solutions mindset and seek to keep our teams operating at their best. In the role you will be accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Support in the completion of annual compliance report filing (5500, EEOC, ACA, Non-discrimination testing)
- Draft employee documents including, offer letters, termination paperwork, etc.
- Support in the administration of Leave of Absence processes, paperwork and tracking
- Support the pre-onboarding and onboarding processes.
- Data entry and changes in our systems, ensuring accuracy of information entered
- Support exit processes to include, coordinating and performing exit interviews for mid and junior level departing employees, developing, and sharing insights with Manager and team
- Accomplishing tasks on time and to a high quality; managing different deadlines and priorities
- Project Management
- Proactively sets timelines and manages expectations with stakeholders to ensure high quality deliverables
- Coordinate resources/support to ensure on-time delivery of projects
- Takes full ownership to ensure data is accurate at all times
- Support the team with administrative elements of open enrollment from start to finish
- Participate and support teams during new hire orientation week
- Maintain HR systems (experience with some of the following preferred: HiBob, Paylocity, CultureAmp, Tableau, Pingboard a plus)
- Additional projects as assigned by HR Manager and SVP of Talent
- Works alongside the Talent team to onboard new hires and provide a positive first experience with MiQ
- Partners with finance team members to ensure accuracy in payroll for new and termed employees
- Maintains connectivity with HR peers globally to ensure knowledge transfer and best practice adoption
- Supports Talent team in internal movement, and cyclical programs such as performance and compensation reviews
- Working with internal stakeholders, building relationships and working across differences to find solutions
- Handles employee questions with timely and accurate responses, trouble shoots and escalates as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee health information, employee relations issues, compensation in all correspondence and interactions
- Handles sensitive conversations with tact and professionalism
- Crisp and clear communication to external and internal stakeholders; flexing communication style to persuade others and influence positive outcomes
- Minimum 3 years of experience within HR
- Experience supporting diverse HR functions
- Experience administering benefits and open enrollment
- Experience with new hire onboarding
- Experience with contract drafting and termination paperwork
- Experience with HRIS reporting strongly preferred
- Ability to deliver in a high paced, high-volume environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and time management skills
- Strong customer focus mindset
- Proficient in MS Office Suite required (intermediate preferred)
- Knowledgeable about core topics in the HR space; keeps up to date on new and emerging benefits and trends
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to conduct administrative detail work (i.e., data entry & analysis) with high accuracy
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to support and guide junior managers through HR processes
- Able to flex mid-stream as needed to meet shifting business needs and approaches
- Model professional maturity - welcomes, reflects on, and integrates feedback, always seeks solutions, voices concerns respectfully, holds self accountable, and encourages others to do the same
- Alignment with MiQ's core values
- A can-do attitude to provide energy, drive, and enthusiasm
- A dream to grow your career as the company scales