The Finance Manager works directly with the CEO to support the company’s rapid growth by managing all financial matters, from accounting and payroll to forecast and corporate development.
The role is at the core of the reactor and leads to regular interactions with most of the other teams, with clients and suppliers, and with many external counterparties, from auditors to potential investors.
The Finance Manager is responsible for both recurring missions (payroll, invoicing, cash management, monthly reporting, cash collection) and one-off assignments (project management, fundraising process, financial modelling, reforecast, end of year closing).
What will you do?
Financial Accounting (75%)
- Month end close: Working alongside our third-party accountants to support month end close, reviewing expenses, producing management accounts (P&L) and integrating financial data into comprehensive financial models,
- Accounts Payable: Ensuring proper general ledger, processing employee expense claims, prepare weekly supplier payment runs for approval
- Accounts Receivables: Managing accurate ledgers for all ID5 entities ensuring receipts are posted and allocated, assisting with invoicing and renewals, monitoring accounts to identify overdue invoices, ensuring timely collection of balances due
- Treasury: Managing and optimizing cash flow on multiple bank accounts, managing the split of foreign currencies by anticipating payments, monitoring payment terms and forecasting future cash flow, optimizing cash on hand
- Payroll: Managing payroll process to ensure all the ID5 teams around the world are paid accurately and on time, relying on external payroll managers to get the actual amounts to wire but being responsible of all bank transfers and platform (ADP, Remote.com) management
- Tax: Assisting external accountants with preparation and reconciliation of quarterly VAT returns by providing all required documents
- Year-end-close/Auditing: Working with external auditors to assist with year-end audit queries for all ID5 entities, answering any of their questions (financial or commercial) and managing the relationships between accountants and auditors to deliver the financial documents in due time
Financial Controlling (25%)
- Reporting: continuous reporting and ongoing analysis of business performance, leading to weekly strategic calls with the CEO
- Annual budget and reforecast: Assisting the CEO with preparation of forecast and budgets by producing in-depth financial models to enable quantitative decision making and investment allocation
- Ad hoc financial analysis: producing variance analysis between forecasts and actuals, scenario analysis, business intelligence, KPI reports (churn, AOV, CAC, LTV/CAC ratio)
- Corporate development: Assisting the CEO with potential investors discussions by producing profiles, mastering the financial data and answering investors requests
- Project management: Managing diverse projects such as looking to another accounting partners, getting corporate credit cards, getting estimates for third-party services, redesigning the invoicing process through automation, etc.
What are we looking for?
- University degree in Finance or Accounting; Master is a plus
- Technical understanding of accounting and internal control principles, ideally backed by a first experience in corporate accounting
- Strong analytical, quantitative and research skills
- High level of attention to detail with desire to continually learn and improve
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, experience of Xero is a plus
- Fluent in English (company language), French is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and international environment
- An individual contributor with an interest in acting as business partner to department heads
What we offer to our talent
- Remote working: you can work from anywhere in the world
- A competitive compensation package, including stock options in ID5
- WeWork membership and option to work from different WeWork locations
- Regular offsites to enjoy face-to-face time and to bond further with your colleagues
- A dynamic environment that offers room for growth and development to all employees
- A friendly, international, and multicultural team
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are passionate about creating an inclusive environment in which all employees can thrive