PubMatic has consistently achieved revenue growth and profitability through growing our business organically. PubMatic is looking for a dynamic Corporate Development leader to augment our organic growth strategy and create adjacencies through targeted acquisitions and/or investments.
As the Vice President of Corporate Development for PubMatic, you will play a crucial role in building an M&A strategy that aligns with PubMatic’s corporate objectives. You will develop relationships with a broad range of investors, advisors, and executives, negotiate, and executing transactions, and coordinate post-acquisition integration. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, this role will work cross-functionally across strategic business units including product, business development, sales, and marketing, to lead all Corporate Development activities across the organization. This is a unique role that requires a high level of influence and experience and acts as a trusted advisor to internal and external company leaders.
Location: Redwood City or New York
- Develop and oversee PubMatic’s M&A priorities based on corporate strategy, product vision/objectives, and roadmap.
- Manage and lead the M&A transaction process including due diligence, financial analysis, valuation, and transaction structuring, and executive and board presentations. Help lead negotiations directly with target management.
- Identify, scope, lead, and socialize explorations of market sectors that align to PubMatic’s strategic objectives.
- Advise on and assist in the development of PubMatic’s corporate strategy in conjunction with executive management and other company stakeholders, especially with regards to identifying how strategy can be accelerated through acquisitions.
- Develop and maintain a broad network of industry contacts, venture capital investors and financial advisors to assist in understanding market and industry trends and building transaction opportunities.
- Drive and manage cross-functional teams across the organization necessary to diligence and complete deal execution and integration planning.
- Define and coordinate the development of integration plans and work with cross-functional teams on the post-closing integration execution.
- BS/BA degree required, an MBA preferred
- 15+ years overall work experience, with at least 5+ years of experience in the advertising tech industry in a corporate development/strategy leadership role running a corporate development function.
- Experience in management consulting and/or investment banking is a plus
- Proven ability to gain trust and negotiate mutually beneficial business terms with potential targets and within the organization
- Based on prior experience, you have an active strong network of founders, investors, ecosystem partners, and thought leaders to tap into for views on industry trends and market intelligence
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making, and action
- Proficient at leveraging analytics, data, financial models, and insights to drive decision-making.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to effectively manage multiple ongoing projects to meet deadlines
- Outcome-oriented with a very strong ability to personally create high quality, customer-facing presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with the executive level audience (e.g., Leadership team, Board of Directors)
- Open to travel as needed to support Corporate Development opportunities