Innovation and Future Proofing solutions and platforms are at the core of MiQ’s DNA. You will have the opportunity to
create the strategy and culture required for employees to share ideas, prototype and experiment ideas with the right
resources and support for experimentation. You should be capable of fostering individual and collective creativity
besides creating processes and procedures for ideation, prototyping and production. You should have previous
experience of balancing risks against the potential rewards of teams' work, based on organisational objectives, as well
as other factors. We are looking for a Leader who has evolved and matured a well-defined Innovation platform
architecture to harness our organic Innovation experience.
Our Vision for Innovation includes building a platform for our employees with a whole range of innovation theatres,
tools, programs to up-level and harness intrapreneurial skills covering Research and Innovation Offsites, Local and
Global Hackathons, Tech Talk, Internal Accelerators (MiQxLabs) and other site level theatres for Spark24, B2B, Demo
Day, Patent Roadshow, etc.
You will not only get the opportunity to launch our above Vision but continually mature the platform with more
theatres and programs to improve the participation and the effective innovation yield across the board. The programs
and theatres dovetails Business Units Innovation and roadmap agenda and help them accelerate the pace and
maturity of organic innovation at CoE level.
MiQ CoE is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Innovation who could help us evangelise corporate innovation
agenda among the R&D and non-R&D functions, be the cheerleader for our India site level and global hackathons and
programs, smartly plan and manage these programs to continually improve the intrapreneurial experience for P&T and
non-P&T teams at various touchpoints and provide *product management* support to MiQxLabs team
opportunistically. He/she will report to COO leadership chain and will work closely with IMT, DS, Tech, DnA and Global
Commercial Teams and Leaders to build our Global Innovation Office Charter. You will connect and build relationships
across MiQ that will help the innovators to collaborate effectively
The ideal candidate will be responsible for strategy development and Ideas concept creation which can lead to product
commercialization with commercial teams by utilising a deep understanding of Technical processes, Brilliant marketing
judgement and flair that drives strong launch planning and marketing development through coordination with various
teams. Harness the existing Innovation programs to improve participation from R&D and other local functions.
Analytical rigour around Measurement & Evaluation and sustained product launches, fantastic relationship building,
deep collaboration and effective communication to inspire brand partners and key stakeholders behind innovation
agenda. Effectively partner with local functional units (R&D and non-R&D) leaders and evangelise the innovation
theatres and programs within and across business units. Become a trusted advisor for the product team helping to
anticipate and remove roadblocks, identifying and tracking dependencies, facilitating meetings. Expand your domain
knowledge across all operations teams to help teams succeed with their innovation efforts
Success in the Role for next 6-12 months
● Innovation Activity calendar (both local and relevant global programs) and well aligned and timed execution
plan for them
● Host 3 design-led user workshops
● Organise 2 Global Hackathons and 6 local Hackathons
● Launch MiQxLabs in collaboration with R&D, Commercial, Product and Markets stakeholders
● Effective yield - idea to roadmap conversion ratio of at least 2 solutions
● Launch the structure and platform for regular idea collation/ generation from employees, centralise white
paper submissions and identify opportunities for patent creations
● Innovation Program Planning & Strategy
● Brand Management, and/or Market Research
● Willingness to take risks and the ability to stay persistent
● Proposing innovative products and business models aimed at enhancing the company’s offering
● Setup program governance required for successful execution of the innovation programs
● Reimagining the experience of new customers in relation to the company’s products and services
● Monitoring/Documentation, analysing, and communicating innovation metrics to senior management to seek
opportunities to improve the company’s innovative performance
● Analysing internal processes or developments to turn them into profitable “products” for the market
● Be proactive in holding stakeholders accountable for delivering on the plan laid out
● Ensure our organisation and stakeholders have an effective operating rhythm to make decisions and ensure
information is disseminated to the right people
● Program Execution: Manage all phases of program through successful delivery
● Work closely with Product Development and PMO with an understanding of product life cycle, customer and
partner engagement, commercial engagement for the different product life-cycle phases
● Manage the change control mechanism setup to track and address changes to different aspects like
technical/functional changes to scope, program cost or its schedule
● Update and maintain tools/documents (e.g. Confluence, JIRA) so stakeholders can view the status of critical
initiatives, meeting forums, goals, etc. at any time.
● Working closely with experts from the different areas of the company, detecting improvements, and new
You will be reporting to COO and work closely with IMT and Global Strategy Officer on a need basis. This department
will be responsible for Research and Innovation culture within CoE enabling and delivering some of MiQ’s most
strategic forward-looking high-risk initiatives. Leaders at MiQ will be able to help you navigate the MiQ landscape,
coach, and support your career objectives providing clear direction so that you are successful in this role. We are a
values-driven organisation and holding ourselves and each other accountable to those values and what we stand for
through our values-to-behaviour framework.
Qualifications & Experience
● 12+ years’ experience in Innovation and development with R&D and non-R&D
● Educational: Master’s Degree: Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/MBA (Systems &
operations) /M. Tech / Ph.D. from leading institutes
● Experience in providing best practises in strategic design for new product/service
● Experience with Innovation, Agile delivery processes and Design-led thinking is a must
● Must have led an cutting edge AI/Innovation team (End to end Product development including Test Driven
Development In Data Science (TTD))
● Hands-On experience in developing Machine Learning and Deep learning enabled AI solutions
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Good to Have Skills
● Strong working knowledge and experience in Enterprise & Data Architecture, Database Design, Star-Schema,
Profiling & Modelling
● Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
● Experience in application & integration development experience with Web Services, microservices.
● Familiarity with lean six sigma and its application to data interpretation
● Tool Expertise: Hands-On Working Experience in Python/R, Tensor flow/Pytorch, Cloud Platform (Azure, AWS),
Visualisation tools(Power BI/Qlik Sense/Tableau), NET, Web APIs etc
● Hands-On Working experience in Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Java, Web API, GPU Clusters
for deep learning. Implemented more than 4-5 Big projects.
● Continuous learning is our way of life.
● Stay abreast with the latest technologies and then apply them in relevant products
● Come with a purpose and go extra miles to achieve stretch goals.
● Have a never give up attitude.
● We respect and complement each other to build an inclusive and diverse culture.
● Be explorative and show resilience in difficult situations.
● Be bold. Believe in yourself and make a difference.
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Good communication and presentation skills
● Ability to collaborate across multiple functions
● Extreme attention to detail
● Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload
We’re MiQ, a programmatic media partner for marketers and agencies. Our better connected approach to programmatic advertising means we can connect data, discover insights and activate them in high-performance campaigns to deliver real business outcomes for our clients in an increasingly divided world. Making the most of your data is complex. You need to connect all your first party data, enhance it with the right second and third party data, analyse it with data science technology and resources, then use the insights you gather to build creatives with the right messages and target them to the right audiences with expert programmatic trading. We connect the right people, industry partnerships, and technology in a complete programmatic stack so we can solve your precise business challenges by maximising the value of your data.