The Global Operations team is pivotal to delivering success across our global business. The team is responsible for the delivery of some of our most critical initiatives aimed at simplifying workflow, introduce automation and AI to general business practice and consolidate and build on the collective expertise of our programmatic practitioners.
Split between New York and London, the team consists of a) operational excellence specialists that work with markets and global clients to drive operational maturity and business process excellence and b) engineering experts focused on workflow automation and c) global partnership leads who help to ensure that we are driving the industry forward through maximising our strategic partnerships.
The Senior Director of Operational Excellence reports into the COO and will be London based. The role will facilitate global collaboration on operational maturity and business excellence initiatives, driving these areas and our markets to reach our annual growth targets. The role will work closely with our regional Operations leads, the Global Solutions team, the Global Client Development team and GroupM Services leads to define best practice across our platforms and improve effectiveness and efficiency of our programmatic campaigns. A key focus will be on our top 12 markets.
Xaxis sets a high bar for flexible working standards to create an inclusive and diverse work environment and enable our talent to develop, thrive and take on additional responsibilities regardless of their out-of-work commitments. This is a three-day job share to cover Wednesdays to Fridays to complement the work of the existing Senior Director who works Mondays to Wednesdays. Both Senior Directors will be working on Wednesdays.
- Simplify and streamline business workflow across our markets aiming to reduce time spent on repetitive or superfluous tasks and ensuring that compliance to business and operational excellence is maintained.
- Design strategies that will drive efficiency and effectiveness through task prioritization, organizational design, automation or offshoring.
- As an area of focus help to identify ways to leverage different solutions to best match staff resourcing to fluctuating client needs to ensure we can deliver the work on time and to expectations while optimizing financial performance.
- Become a trusted partner of the Global Client Team and make and implement recommendations for operational excellence, including learning agendas, brand safety and supply best practice, insights and analytics recommendations for our top 10 global clients.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team comprised of operational experts from the programmatic industry and engineering resources who build and support business process and reporting systems.
- Facilitate Operations communities to position Xaxis product offerings as being aligned to ‘Outcomes’ with clear measurable values.
- Align the Xaxis best practice alongside our GroupM agency planning frameworks and GroupM Services Best Practice approaches. Drive adherence to agreed standards across markets.
- Enable our 12 largest markets to provide thought leadership and innovation in DSP and algorithmic Optimisation allowing Xaxis to be the standout offer in delivering Outcomes.
- Establish supply needs and operational framework alongside product definition and facilitate holistic Supply Path Optimisation to be maintained by our 12 largest markets and beyond.
- Consult markets on improvements they can make to their programmatic and business processes and provide automation, simplification and offshoring support.
- Provide point of escalation for excellence queries from markets and Global Client teams.
- Manage the available resources to deliver roadmap initiatives and help prioritise their efforts.
- Together with the rest of the Global Operations leadership team, continue to develop and scale activities to shape the team as a Centre of Programmatic Maturity & Business Process Excellence and be a pro-active thought leader on our Operational Advisory Board.
- Lead a team of Operational Excellence experts, setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth. Ensure the team defines the scope and schedule of their initiatives making sure they focus on regular and timely delivery of value.
- Lead the Global Operations Engineering team to deliver business process and platform improvements that maximise impact on Xaxis’ global business.
- Be a strong advocate of our Xaxis values and mission statements, driving the team to show collaboration, innovation, and passion.
Essential Skills & Experience
A deep understanding and demonstrable experience in the following areas is imperative:
- Substantial experience in a senior buy-side operations management role.
- Can demonstrate collaboratively driving results in large matrix organizations.
- Marketing theory and thorough understanding of agency planning methodologies.
- Expert in business process design and creation of compliance frameworks.
- Design and delivery of technology training programs.
- Thorough understanding of consultative stakeholder management .
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Strong track record in management decision-making.
- Strong track record of crowdsourcing roadmap requirements and updating business stakeholders of initiative status.
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of programmatic both on the demand and supply side.
- Experience in delivering cross-functional initiatives and demonstrated ability to maintain team focus to effectively overcome roadblocks and manage conflict.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Experience in working across multiple markets.