Through our close-knit culture, transparent leadership, competitive compensation, flexibility to work remotely, and a focus on optimal work-life balance, we're proud to be a "Great Place to Work" certified employer, Canada's 11th fastest growing company ranked by the Globe and Mail, and recipient of the 2021 Deloitte Companies-to-Watch award.
We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, we’re backed by some of the brightest minds in the industry, and we’re looking for curious and analytical team players who like to win!
Our product restores publishers’ existing website monetization technologies for adblock users who consent to it, while making sure that all ads adhere to the lighter, stricter Acceptable Ads standard, a happy middle ground for users and publishers. Users also have the ability to opt out if they prefer no ads at all.
Through a complex cloud-based system, we use sophisticated algorithms and real-time analysis to determine which ads qualify for an optimal user experience, all in the time it takes for a website to load. We process vast numbers of requests, processing tens of billions of ad impressions per month.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to join us to help cross functional teams to make data-informed decisions. This role offers you to work with Product Managers, Front End and Back End Engineers to design experiments and optimize our product performance. You will work with billions of auction data, creative images to expand your technical skills and contribute to the business’s success. You will be able to test your hypotheses, deploy ML models and see the impact of your work at Blockthrough.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering team, design, execute and analyze A/B testing experiments to monitor and prove product change attribution
- Develop key performance indicators and find growth opportunities and product insights
- Model business impact of proposed product features
- Communicate recommendations and shape product roadmap from analysis
- Work with engineering teams to enhance data collection procedures.
What You’ll Need
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience
- Undergraduate Degree in a STEM program
- Strong skills with Python and SQL
- Extensive background in statistical analysis, machine learning and data mining
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as hypothesis testing, experimental design, sample size determination
- Experience with big data and model optimization
- Ability to explain findings in layman terms verbally, visually and written
Bonus if you have
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem and/or ad tech experience
- Experience with GCP, airflow and Tableau
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough:
Close-knit and collaborative culture with transparent leadership that cares
Competitive compensation (including health benefits) and stock options at a fast-growing startup
4 weeks vacation
Top-of -the-line hardware
Optimal work-life balance
Up to $1k home office reimbursement
Professional Development Compensation
100% remote or the opportunity to work out of our central downtown Toronto office, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups