The Manager position is responsible for overseeing the overall health and success of their respective account or accounts. Within this role you’ll be responsible for the ownership of your clients’ programmatic media strategy and oversee its implementation and day to day execution. The primary responsibilities of the role include the management of the programmatic team and engaging with respective digital agency counterparts, clients and external partners. The Associate Director is also expected to be the team’s strongest programmatic trader, and should be a source of expertise and point of escalation for all aspects of the execution of a programmatic campaign including implementation, optimization and inventory and audience strategy.
Managers – Programmatic Services are typically responsible for overseeing the day to day workload, training and career development of between 3-8 reports.
Some of the things we’d like you to do
- Collaborating with planning teams to develop a programmatic strategy that ensures the clients marketing objectives are met with appropriate programmatic tactics
- Overseeing the management of campaigns to ensure they consistent meet or exceed client KPIs and lending support to day to day trading as needed
- Acting as the team’s central point of trading expertise and escalation to address problems as they arise for the account
- Creating and enforcing workflow processes to ensure deliverables are completed accurately and on time
- Holding members of the team accountable to flawless execution of campaign implementation and developing the QA processes that allow them to do so
- Owning and improving the working relationships and with members of the broader digital account teams including planning, investment, operations and analytics
- Developing relationships with platform, inventory and data providers to maximize their value specific to an account needs
- Keeping key stakeholders including clients and account teams updated on campaign and account level performance via regular and ad-hoc reporting and status meetings
- Conducting regular and ad hoc analysis to identify opportunities to improve performance within and across campaigns
- Ongoing training and support of the career growth of direct reports
- Keeping Senior Leadership informed of the overall status of the trading team to ensure any challenges are appropriately resolve and/or escalated
- Developing best practices that improve the quality or efficiency of work within an account or broader agency programmatic team
- Developing POVs, Presentations or other shareable collateral that improves the overall level of programmatic education across programmatic and digital teams
- Supporting the Programmatic Agency lead as needed for larger presentations, projects or pitches
A bit about yourself
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, economics, finance, computer science, mathematics or engineering
- 5+ Years of relevant career experience, with 3+ years’ experience trading programmatic campaigns at an agency, brand, DSP or Ad Network strongly preferred.
- Other Programmatic functions, Paid Search, Paid Social, Ad Operations, Digital Analytics or Digital Planning or client-side roles supporting a direct response or e-commerce brand may also be considered for high qualified candidates.
- Past management experience is required
- Familiarity with key programmatic and digital platforms
- Understanding and familiarity of key industry concepts and trends
- Advanced Excel User (Pivot Tables, Joining Data Sets, Complex Formulas, etc.)
- Experience with other database, visualization tools or coding languages is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented mindset
- Strong presentation skills and comfort presenting to senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Natural curiosity and desire to continuously learn