Permutive is powering the future of targeted advertising on the Open Web today. As the only Audience Platform built on edge computing, we enable premium advertisers and publishers to plan, build and activate cohorts — all while keeping everyone’s data safe.
We’re a remote-first B2B SaaS company with 150+ people—centred around our London and New York hubs—and growing rapidly. We have received funding from some of the world’s best investors, including a recent $75m Series C led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
About the role...
Permutive is looking for an empathetic Technical Operations Analyst (L2) with strong troubleshooting skills to join the Support team. Using your problem-solving skills and helpful attitude, you will engage with our user base and improve their customer experience by providing quick and sound responses to queries and issues. As a Tech Operations Analyst at Permutive, you will have a direct impact on how publishers drive revenue from our platform and how engineering teams can build software on the edge.
We’re looking for someone excited by the opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up, in a role where you'll be able to have a positive impact and take ownership of the challenges you work on.
About the team...
The Technical Operations team works directly with our customers across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalised support while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. You'll work closely with every part of the organisation, including Product, Engineering, and Customer Success, to help scale Permutive globally.
This role is well-positioned for career progression into our L3 Support Engineering, Sales Engineering, Solution Architects, and Customer Success teams. As an early hire, you'll have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business, from product decisions and development processes to strategy.
What you will be doing…
- Setting the standard for individual Technical Support for our customers.
- Aid with the continuous improvement of Service Operations (including responsibility for meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs), writing documentation).
- Joining a team that is a key stakeholder for our product and engineering teams in driving our product roadmap.
- Responding to tickets in our CRM.
- Triaging and investigating system bugs, performance, and integration issues.
- Running data queries to verify customer data collection.
- Troubleshooting customer configurations.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team and company by sharing knowledge through mentorship and collaboration.
- Drive and help shape our support processes within the company, working with Support Engineering (L3) and other members of the Customer Operations team (L1).
- Work with the product development team to test new features and bug fixes and surface meaningful customer feedback.
We'd love to hear from you if you have
- A deep curiosity for solving technical problems and a passion for helping others.
- Confidence in engaging with people who have varied levels of programming ability.
- A lucid, well-formed communication style (on the phone and in writing), with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary.
- The ability to articulate complex thoughts; one moment you may be having a technical discussion with an engineer about the product implications of a new feature, before quickly moving on to working directly with a non-technical customer to fix a problem.
- Great time management and prioritisation skills, as things move quickly in this environment and it’s crucial that you are able to react to new information and re-prioritise accordingly.
- Operational awareness; a sense of the big picture in any organisation you inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how you can help team members navigate best within the big picture.
We'd be particularly excited if you have
- Commercial experience investigating and responding to technical questions.
- Curiosity for technology and pushing the envelope of what’s possible.
- Some experience working with multi-platform SDKs (e.g. web, Android, iOS).
- Familiarity with databases (SQL, BigTable/HBase, Cassandra, InfluxDB).
- Involvement in the open-source or broader technology community.
- Experience in customer support for a B2B SaaS company or in a dynamic startup environment.
- Experience in the AdTech or MarTech space.
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a typical candidate with strong technical support experience plus most of our requirements, we would likely pay around £40,000 + options. For a candidate with a breadth of experience, and who meets several of our bonus criteria, we’d pay up to £58,000 + options.
- Stock options
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of £2,400 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme from day one
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners
- Phone interview : 60 mins - Lead by a member of the Tech Ops team
- Tech test - communications, HTML/CSS/SQL
- Technical interview: 60 mins - Lead by Tech ops
- Values interview with a team member outside of support
- Final interview - 90 mins lead by Head of Support and the Service Ops Team Lead