In this role, you will be part of a team of highly skilled and, sometimes quirky, hackers, intelligence investigators and software engineers who continuously hunt for threats, develop detection techniques, and share intel and attribution for cybercrime activity with the goal of protecting our customers and keeping the internet human.
You should be passionately curious and strive to work smart and fast to help produce insights that HUMAN has never seen before. You must use your skills to proactively identify new and emerging threats, hunt cyber threats to pinpoint nefarious activities on the internet and attribute these threats to botnets, campaigns, and actors.
What you will do:
- Perform investigations to respond to threat detection and intelligence requests utilizing threat hunting or intelligence analysis best practices. You will be using Humans’s unique data sources Perform research and author case studies and blog posts on bot detectionDiscover and track adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) leveraging bots and botnetsUnderstand customer specific requirements and impact and exceed customer expectationsInvestigate threat intelligence and marker data for both anomalous and correlated eventsDevelop techniques, tools and scripts to simplify yours and others workKnowledge and curiosity of cyber security trends and events related to our mission.
Who you are:
- You have years of experience as a cyber intelligence analyst, security researcher or threat hunterYou are proficient in synthesizing analysis into actionable threat briefings.Deep understanding of network based and client side attacksFamiliar with tools like Wireshark/BURPFamiliar with internet log sourcesExperience with HTTP, POP, IMAP, TCP, UDP, IPComfortable with using both open and closed intelligence sources Experience with security tools (Jupyter notebooks, ELK, Splunk, etc)Experience with hunting/IR tools. You are self motivated and able to work with limited directionYou have a strong sense of ownership that drives you to find ways to do things better and fasterYou look for new, innovative ways to solve complex problems, ideally through rigorous experimentation, at times working independentlyYou are open, transparent, and work in tight collaboration with anyoneYou are comfortable communicating in a decentralized work environment and across organizations You have a track record of solving difficult problemsYou are naturally curious and passionate about learning and growing your skillset
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities