Outbrain is looking for a General Manager for Brazil, who will have full responsibility for the country - from building the country strategy, through leading a winning business team, to delivering revenues on both the publisher and advertiser side. The role will report to the Managing Director for Southern Europe, Benelux, and Brazil.
Outbrain is the brains—and technology—behind those recommendations that can be seen throughout online articles, helping people digitally discover the content most interesting to them. Headquartered in New York City, with a global presence across 18 offices, Outbrain was founded to narrate the web. Top publishers—including CNN, Condé Nast, and Time —utilize Outbrain's technology to redefine their digital landscapes, while top marketers utilize the platform to interact with untapped audiences. Outbrain currently serves more than 308 billion monthly recommendations to readers and is paving the way in native innovations.
• To manage, actively participate and support the Brazil publisher and sales teams in building the sales pipeline of Publishers and marketers and to pursue and close contracts
• Own the commercial framework, strategy and pricing, while scaling new revenue streams in an efficient manner
• Build and maintain strict budget management guidelines in order to meet cash contribution targets, collaborating with Finance
• Improve productivity and business efficiency
• Empower a team of highly motivated, world-class professionals
• Make Outbrain a market leader by appearing and organizing industry events, public appearances, conferences, to expose unique selling points and feedback to the team any learnings from market
• Lead strategic contract negotiations, to structure deals and ensure compliance with Outbrain policy and best practice
• Work closely with the International management teams to devise and implement plans that exceed the company goals
• Manage to country P&L, accurately forecast new business closure rate and booked revenue
Your first year should look like this:
In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, and start to build key internal and external relationships.
After three to six months, you will be leading the day to day relationships with top-tier publishers and advertisers, actively working as a partner to these and understanding both their commercial and editorial needs. You will have made a positive impact on the team in Brazil and started contributing towards our targets.
When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the International Management team, with solid cross-functional relationships.
• 7 years + experience, proven communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills at a senior level and in public and with a proven ability to develop relationships with C- level management
• 7 years + experience, a proven track record of working with and understanding publisher’s needs, securing and developing strategic deals
• Ability to negotiate contracts, with a good understanding of contract law and of data protection and privacy issues
• Former experience in managing teams and leading by example
• Former experience managing a P&L
• Strong analytical skills to monitor, converse with clients and to identify trends in data and in generated reports.
• Solid understanding of digital technologies, trends and the potential of discovery
Outbrain is the world’s leading discovery and native advertising feed for the open web. A third of the world’s Internet-connected population explore and discover information through our feed technology, which is trusted by emerging to established brands and integrated into thousands of media companies’ tech stacks to manage and monetize their publishing operations. Outbrain operates in 55 countries and is headquartered in New York City with offices in 18 cities worldwide.
Check below to see all of the open Outbrain jobs organised by team.
Legal Services (1)
Product & Design (1)