As a Data Engineer, you will help our customer’s needs by building data pipelines and data analysis queries. Our internal customers come to us to tackle quick client needs as well as long-term solutions. You will work closely with internal customers of data, to understand and support their requirements, while also keeping an eye on the bigger picture of how to support data needs in the future. You are expected to work in a small, dynamic, agile team.
- Understand and learn data warehousing/data marts concepts.
- Build, and maintain data pipelines (ETL/ELT) that power analytics and reporting
- Build and maintain database schemas/objects
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs.
- Collaborate on code reviews, internal processes, and software enhancements, and understanding of ETL/ELT/SQL/Python coding standards.
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate with their systems or tools.
- Assist with production monitoring and debugging of our data pipelines - Will be On-call rotation monthly once a week (Our job SLAs range between 2 hours to 24 hours).
- Responsible for maintaining technical documentation to support new and existing solutions.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills (includes but is not limited to peers, managers, and the business).
- 1 to 2+ years of experience as Data Engineer and/or Backend/Full-stack Engineer.
- Proficiency in at least one compiled/scripting language (Python preferred) and SQL.
- Understanding and previous experience in building business functional data models and ETL/ELT code are a plus.
- Experience and understanding in distributed data processing/Traditional RDBMS/MPP/NoSQL/Time-Series/In-Memory systems.
- Experience working with Jupyter Notebook, Django, AWS, and Terraform is a plus.
- Driven by curiosity and motivation to explore data.
- Ability to balance learning and productivity, communicate and document effectively.