The MediaGuard team is a multi-functional team of R&D humans focused primarily on solving the set of problems faced by Ad Tech platforms, agencies and brands in ensuring the delivery of digital advertising to humans. You will be responsible for developing innovative, comprehensive and cost effective solutions that will be integrated into various parts of the Ad Tech ecosystem to analyze, explain and prevent various types of fraudulent and nonstandard activities.
You will look for new ways to uncover fraud and highlight patterns of abuse that only HUMAN can deliver given our history of successfully reducing sophisticated IVT across programmatic advertising.
What you will do:
- Implement solutions to problems in Golang, possibly in Java and other languages as needed to serve the needs of the MediaGuard customers.
- Profile, debug, optimize and harden Linux-based software.
- Support the development and delivery of the MediaGuard product, one of our flagship offerings that handles 1.5 trillion prediction requests a day from some of the largest internet companies in the world.
- Partner closely with our Platform Engineering teams to find ways to deliver outstanding value to our MediaGuard customers by extending and reusing common platform components.
- Collaborate with detection researchers (data scientists, malware reversers, threat analysts) to craft and propose new ways to demonstrate the return on investment our customers are realizing as a result of using our software
- Participate in an agile development cycle, write clear and usable documentation, give lightning talks and mentor others
- Work with a team of uniquely hardworking engineers who love to learn, experiment, and push the limits of modern technology
- Participate in building a thoughtful culture that emphasizes lean principles and optimizes for deep work, collaboration and doing the best work of your career
Who you are:
- You’re either comfortable in Go codebases or open to learning the language given your depth of experience in another low-level/systems programming language such as C++, Rust, or Java. We will teach you Go!
- You have your share of war stories about distributed architectures and their common pitfalls
- You constantly aim for correctness and performance, in that order. You are a stickler for following a detailed merge request process and leaving things better than you found them.
- You look to find new and innovative ways to tackle sophisticated problems through detailed experimentation.
- You have an open attitude and collaborate well across team boundaries- be they the office hallway or the continental divide.
Benefits & Perks:
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family