At Blockthrough, our mission is to bring about an Internet where publishers and advertisers can build flourishing, sustainable businesses by delivering advertising experiences that respect the user’s choice.
Through our close-knit culture, transparent leadership, competitive compensation, flexibility to work remotely, and a focus on optimal work-life balance, we're proud to be a "Great Place to Work"
certified employer, Canada's 11th fastest growing
company ranked by the Globe and Mail, and recipient of the 2021 Deloitte Companies-to-Watch
We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, we’re backed by some of the brightest minds in the industry, and we’re looking for curious and analytical team players who like to win!
Our product restores publishers’ existing website monetization technologies for adblock users who consent to it, while making sure that all ads adhere to the lighter, stricter Acceptable Ads standard, a happy middle ground for users and publishers. Users also have the ability to opt out if they prefer no ads at all.
Through a complex cloud-based system, we use sophisticated algorithms and real-time analysis to determine which ads qualify for an optimal user experience, all in the time it takes for a website to load. We process vast numbers of requests, processing tens of billions of ad impressions per month.
As a Yield Operations Associate, you will be on the front lines of driving revenue performance and reconciling revenue for our customers. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Operations, you will oversee the metrics that drive revenue for our customers. It will be your responsibility to identify, size, and forecast revenue opportunities for these customers and validate their performance across our systems. In addition, if and when an issue arises for a customer, you will be the first to know about it, and it will be up to you to identify potential causes and inform the correct teams on how to investigate.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, love working with other, fun, talented people and enjoy learning from the best in the industry, then this role is a great fit for you.
What you'll be doing
- Monitor customer performance and find opportunities to improve performance
- Analyze incoming revenue for our publishers and reconcile differences
- Understand optimization inputs and levers available to maximize publisher revenue
- Aid in setting up our publishers across a variety of ad technologies
- Share information and learnings with the Yield team in both an informal self-initiated manner as well as through formal presentations
- Optimize clients post launch and make recommendations for increased yield with relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to internal processes by documenting Yield investigations as they are conducted, working to build more effective, repeatable ways to optimize our customers’ sites
- Partner with Finance to compile and reconcile revenue numbers for our publishers
What you'll need
- Loves the challenge of developing knowledge of multiple accounts and industries, as they become the trusted advisor for our relevant teams and for all things revenue related
- Keen to develop their technical aptitude and not afraid to dive head-first into Chrome devtools to debug issues impacting our customers’ revenue
- Deeply analytical and at home in Microsoft Excel and SQL fundamentals
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and fellow employees
- Strong leadership & communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field or demonstrated strength in such disciplines
Bonus if you have
- Experience in the AdTech space an asset, but not required; bonus points to those experienced with publisher-facing integrations, AdOps, or with strong knowledge of publisher monetization / yield management
Why you’ll love working at Blockthrough:
Close-knit and collaborative culture with transparent leadership that cares
Competitive compensation (including health benefits) and stock options at a fast-growing startup
4 weeks vacation
Top-of -the-line hardware
Optimal work-life balance
Up to $1k home office reimbursement
Professional Development Compensation
100% remote or the opportunity to work out of our central downtown Toronto office, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups