Permutive is powering the future of targeted advertising on the Open Web today. As the only Audience Platform built on edge computing, we enable premium advertisers and publishers to plan, build and activate cohorts — all while keeping everyone’s data safe.
We’re a remote-first B2B SaaS company with 140+ people—centred around our London and New York hubs—and growing rapidly. We have received funding from some of the world’s best investors, including a recent $75m Series C led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
About the Role...
Permutive is looking for an experienced Product Manager to execute on a privacy-first product mission that builds trust with our end-users, customers, and the wider industry.
More data exists about each of us than ever before. This data holds the key to a lot of value when consent is given, but its utility must never come at the expense of people's privacy. Permutive exists in a complicated ecosystem where the privacy landscape is undergoing rapid and constant change, and with this change comes a huge opportunity to rebuild monetization on the open web to protect user privacy.
You will sit at the intersection of engineering, data governance, privacy law, and go-to-market to align stakeholders on this product-level mission where privacy is a first-class consideration.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure products at Permutive capture the legal requirements, policy direction, and engineering limitations in a privacy landscape that is undergoing rapid change.
- Partner with legal, product marketing, security, and other teams across the company to identify and educate on potential privacy challenges, and drive towards pragmatic solutions.
- Develop a roadmap for consumer privacy, balancing immediate customer and end-user needs with the exploration of new privacy approaches for the industry from a first-principles mindset.
- Represent and contribute on behalf of Permutive at committees like the W3C Privacy Community Group.
- Synthesize complex industry-led policies like Apple's ITP and Google Chrome's Privacy Sandbox to help educate our customers about the impact of privacy-focused technology changes on their businesses.
- Define and track privacy metrics for the Permutive platform.
- Help conduct technical security assessments and regulatory compliance for the platform.
- Communicate regularly with leadership—privacy is a C-level consideration at Permutive.
A key to the success at Permutive is the extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility, are excited by enormous challenges, and show respect and empathy to both fellow coworkers and our customers. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience start-up life, and shape who we become.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Command of the web stack, including storage mechanisms like Local Storage and IndexedDB; browser cookie types like HttpOnly, SameSite, third-party; iframe limitations; browser security features, e.g. CSP directives; and the fundamentals of web server software and deployment.
- Knowledge of network and related web protocols (e.g., HTTPS, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, and DNS) and IAM (Identity Access Management) solutions.
- Experience in and around consumer privacy and security—particularly with privacy-preserving strategies like encryption, cryptographic hash functions, data minimization, probabilistic data structures, and differential privacy.
- Familiarity with recent government regulation, including GDPR in Europe and CCPA in the US, and data protection policy more generally.
- Ability to debate important decisions with cross-functional partners, including engineering, legal and commercial, and drive toward solutions.
- Bias toward action and urgency, especially when faced with emerging threats or ambiguous situations that require making trade-offs.
We'd be particularly excited if you have one or more of the below:
- Experience contributing to privacy or security-focused committees or industry groups.
- Experience engaging with security teams from major technology platforms, e.g. iOS, Android, major browsers.
- Knowledge of recent browser privacy advancements like Apple Safari's Intelligent Tracking Prevention and Google Chrome's Privacy Sandbox.
- Familiarity with technical security standards like ISO 27001 and SOC II.
How we pay...
We take a structured, objective approach to salary-setting, which is based on market information, our compensation strategy, and your experience and capability as assessed through our interview process.
For a candidate who meets our criteria, we are expecting to pay between $150,000 and $205,000 base + options.
- Stock options
- Health & dental is covered 100% for Permutive employees and 75% for dependents
- Parental Leave Policy entitling new parents up to 26 weeks of leave on full pay
- Everyone has an annual learning budget of $3,000 which we encourage you to use to level up
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited paid leave (minimum expectation of 25 days annually)
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- 401(k) plan
- Free access to Spill, our mental health partners