As a senior Microsoft infrastructure engineer, you will join the team responsible for designing, building and maintaining innovative IT solutions that support the needs of our corporate infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this role will have expertise leading project delivery, technical strategy, and critical issues for IT Operations and Enterprise Applications. This role provides the opportunity to drive a culture of collaboration and partnership with teams inside and outside of technology. This role can be based in San Francisco or Seattle.
- Facilitate design and plan large-scale projects for multiple enterprise IT technologies in the Microsoft space.
- Build standards for solutions that will meet new and established policies, regulatory, architectural, and security requirements.
- Operates as a technical expert on infrastructure projects pertaining to active directory services, AD audit tools, certificates, systems management, capacity planning, and disaster recovery.
- Integrate the design and deployment of infrastructure including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security and the associated services across on premise and cloud backend.
- Work with IT leaders and project managers to assist with resource planning, vendor assessment, and other tasks to provide technical thought leadership
- Provide technical escalation points for production support during normal business and off-hours to lead root cause analysis.
- Lead innovation efforts and feasibility of the new/emerging technologies and solutions along with the preparation of detailed business case justifications and value proposition demonstrations
- Document system architecture which includes infrastructure diagrams and application mappings.
- 7+ years of experience in a Senior/Lead Systems Engineering role.
- 10+ years designing, planning, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise Active Directory environment.
- Expert knowledge in the following areas: Active Directory (AD), Windows Server & Workstation Operating Systems, Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name Systems (DNS), and Group Policy (GPO).
- 5+ years of PowerShell and other scripting language experience
- Experience with providing the technical leadership and expertise for complex Enterprise IT projects, across multiple disciplines and geographies, from concept to launch.
- Knowledge of cloud environments (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) with good understanding of the technical aspects of cloud infrastructure.
- Solid foundation in core information security principles and concepts (HTTPS, TLS, OAuth, Kerberos, PKI, SSL, Certificate Authority, etc.)
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and handle issues if needed.
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate at all business and technical levels.
- Mentoring, coaching and developing less experienced team members.
- Managing vendors and service providers.
- Track record of driving operational excellence.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus (MCSE, MCSA, Azure, Office365)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.