Outbrain is the world’s leading content recommendation platform, operating at a very large scale, reaching over 500M unique users monthly and over 80% of the U.S. online population.
Outbrain technology and services are based on open source technologies and are served from several data centers, at a scale of billions of requests a day. In order to meet the increasing challenges of this growing business, we continually work to improve the automation and monitoring capabilities, leveraging new technologies, and improve the development processes.
As an IT Director, you will lead global support teams across multiple regions, oversee the company’s corporate IT Operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
This role will be reporting to the VP of IT & Security
This role offers an opportunity to take your existing IT management skills to the next level and join a dynamic fast scale-up company.
What will you do
- Develop goals and strategies to ensure IT services run smoothly and effectively. You will define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes that support the company.
- Oversee global team leads, evaluate them according to established goals and provide guidance to support their personal growth.
- Communicating with the technology team and other departments as collaboration requires
- Determining business requirements for IT systems
- Identifying and eliminating security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security
- Overseeing departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting
- Define and Oversee ongoing monitoring, maintenance, and administration tasks of network systems and services
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services, managing projects from conception to completion
- Oversee asset procurement, inventory, software licenses, tracking and monitoring costs
- Oversee providing employees with first-level contact and support, user account management, email
- system, Internet access, office systems, installation of new computers, etc.
- Improve office help desk procedure, create visible KPIs and SLAs and keep an always running, efficient, and on budget office infrastructure
- Work closely with the security team to enforce IT Security Policies and implement requirements and configurations
Desired Technical skills:
- 8+ years of experience in IT field in global technological companies (2 yrs as a Global teams manager)
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of IT best practices, policies, and regulations
- Leadership and management skills
- Analytical mindset to develop and utilize reliable metrics
- Understanding of other, non-technical parts of the business
- Financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and justifying
- Proven knowledge of networking and security concepts
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Hands-on experience with installations, administration, and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software (Windows, Mac & Linux), and networks
- Proven ability of device management systems such as Jamf and Microsoft Intune
- Proven knowledge of corporate identity and provisioning (Okta),
- Experience with firewalls and network switches (Fortinet/Dell)
- Proven capabilities with communication/conferencing tools Google Workspace/Zoom/Slack
- Experience managing IT projects from start to finish
- Business Level English language proficiency, both written and verbal
Desired Personal skills:
- Have a “can-do” approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment
- Desire for constant improvement and excellence