MediaMath is seeking a technically savvy, ad-tech relationship Partner Manager to own and manage partner relationships for MediaMath’s Data and Tech partner portfolio. This role will work directly with external partners as well as internal product managers to deliver audience related functionality, services or data offered by partners strategically selected as part of a build/buy/partner assessment. This Partner Manager will be the subject matter expert in the dynamic world of Third-Party Data, DMPs, Identity providers, Measurement providers and Data onboarders in order to support market feedback and evaluation, partner assessment, selection, and full engagement - including relationship cultivation, operational support, escalation stakeholder and commercialization of partner portfolio (in partnership with product marketing). Ability to manage a full partnership lifecycle is core to the role.
This role is tremendously exciting for someone interested in business development and strategic partner management and broadening their industry presence within the AdTech, Marketing and Data ecosystem; you will gain a strong balance of tech and business acumen by working closely with product management in support of MediaMath’s overall business strategy. This person is expected to be an excellent partner and collaborator to and with Product, Marketing, Tech, Sales, Business, Finance, and other internal teams.
- Manage and continue to build genuine relationships with their portfolio of data partnerships; Must interact with both day to day and more senior level relationships.
- Own market discovery, vetting, and fostering relationships with net new Third-Party Data partners
- Be the company evangelist for these partnerships and getting them excited about our technology and offerings.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert for third-party data at MediaMath. Must be excited and passionate about data and understand the need to be ahead of the curve on industry trends.
- Able to speak generally about all of the company’s products and offerings as well as confidently represent company and team POVs on industry topics in partner and internal meetings/emails.
- Develop a deep understanding of core company products that we interact with and how partners’ products can work within them (S2S, Data Management, Onboarding) married with an audience-centric expertise.
- Gather market and customer information from partners and provide feedback on programmatic buying trends, third-party data providers, and client and vendor audience strategies.
- Become an expert in understanding the value propositions of the various data vendors in market and across channels.
- Execute overall partnership roadmap geared to align with the company’s long-term audience strategy.
- Identify potential new opportunities with their partnerships and make sure those relationships support key growth, monetization, commercialization and product initiatives of the company.
- Design and deliver business review, performance updates, and growth opportunity presentations to partnerships and also key internal contacts.
- Create business requirements, build proposals, and collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure clear and realistic deliverables.
- Project manage and oversee partner integration opportunities within the data management platform and adjacent teams
- Collaborate across all internal teams such as Product, Engineering, Support, Finance, Analytics, Client Services, Data Policy and Governance, Legal and Solutions Engineering to support the entire product and partner life cycle.
- Go to resource for third party data audience recommendations for RFI/RFP client inquiries.
- Must be able to own negotiating and contracting process with partner, as well as subsequent data governance and legal processes as it relates to full onboarding of vendor.
- Support the partnerships team with developing new processes – whether it be for integrations, onboarding vendors, finance, reporting etc.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and troubleshoot any issues with the partner as they arise and be the escalation point for all issues as it relates to integrations, finance operations, reporting etc.
- Comfortable working with vendors and product internationally
- Responsible for maintaining Looker dashboard, partner usage reporting and revenue reporting
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years experience, ideally at a digital programmatic company, preferably a Third-Party audience vendor or potentially from a DSP; Must have worked with data vendors previously.
- Has depth of knowledge of ad tech including advertising/data vendor business models and strategies, technical understanding of server to server/SFTP/S3 technology, data onboarding workflows, API’s, media trading, RTB and/or other related advertising technology is absolutely essential.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present complex information into understandable, comprehendible information with actionable recommendations.
- Team Player who can work with diverse, cross-functional teams; has experience working with Product, Marketing, Tech, Sales, Business, Finance, and other teams.
- Take a data-driven approach to decision making; provide proof for your proposals and suggestions.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
- Must have an entrepreneurial attitude and be self-motivated; Able to take initiative and be solutions-oriented. Creative thinker and positive attitude a must.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding, and entrepreneurial environment. Adapts easily to changing situations and can manage priorities.
- Outstanding project management skills with a demonstrated technical and business aptitude.
- Detail oriented