At Blockthrough, our mission is to bring about an Internet where publishers and advertisers can build flourishing, sustainable businesses by delivering advertising experiences that respect the user’s choice.
Through our close-knit culture, transparent leadership, competitive compensation, flexibility to work remotely, and a focus on optimal work-life balance, we're proud to be a "Great Place to Work"
certified employer. We're also proud to be Canada's 11th fastest growing
startup ranked by the Globe and Mail.
We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, we’re backed by some of the brightest minds in the industry, and we’re looking for curious and analytical team players who like to win!
Our product restores publishers’ existing website monetization technologies for adblock users who consent to it, while making sure that all ads adhere to the lighter, stricter Acceptable Ads standard, a happy middle ground for users and publishers. Users also have the ability to opt out if they prefer no ads at all.
Through a complex cloud-based system, we use sophisticated algorithms and real-time analysis to determine which ads qualify for an optimal user experience, all in the time it takes for a website to load. We process vast numbers of requests, processing tens of billions of ad impressions per month.
What you'll be doing
- Directly manage Engineering Managers and Team Leads across the organization.
- Architect our systems to be scalable and for high availability.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve efficiencies across the technology stack.
- Perform regular 1-on-1 meetings with team members, coaching and mentoring.
- Work with our CTO, other Engineering Leaders and Product Manager to execute on the product vision.
- Assist teams at leveling up their skillset and progression in the career track.
- Periodically review processes and help support new initiatives.
- Participate in code review sessions and work with other engineers to build optimal solutions.
- Assess hiring needs and build out a hiring roadmap.
What you'll need
- At least 8 years of experience developing enterprise level software applications.
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of Engineers.
- Fullstack experience and designing end to end solutions for web based applications.
- Experience with deploying to the cloud and cloud based development (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Bonus if you have
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem and/or ad tech experience.
- Building out greenfield projects and engineering teams.
- Experience managing remote teams.