The Data Scientist role is an exciting new opening within the Platform Development team, and it is expected that the individual hired will spend the bulk of their time mining data and creating models to shape Finecast’s products and optimise performance and processes. This supports the requirements and expectations of the advertisers and clients, whilst delivering against the aggressive growth targets. The role will include liaising and working with both the technical and commercial departments across Finecast, providing insights and best practice training.
The key areas of responsibility for the role are as follows:
· Use data modelling and machine learning practices to analyse large datasets to create strategic insights
· Investigate and innovate forecasting processes and other predictive models
· Build algorithms and design investigations to understand the data to provide tailored insights to our departments and clients.
· Assess the effectiveness of current data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods, using APIs and automation
· Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
· Communicate and present insights to stakeholders and for use across the company
· Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
· Create guidelines and processes for data science within the broader team
· Drive innovation with new applications of data science
· Collaborate and identify innovations across the global Finecast network, identify technical challenges and opportunities
· Look out for opportunities to use data and insights across other functions of the business.
Experience & skills:
Finecast are looking for a process driven candidate who possess the right mix of analytical thinking married with commercial understanding to fill the role.
The following skills and attributes will be required:
· Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
· Ability to delivery end to end data science projects: understanding business requirements, model creation and optimisation, understanding results and presenting back actionable insights
· Working with, manipulating, and cleansing very large datasets to support accurate analysis, model building and calculations
· Ability to approach problems creatively and build out solution from the tools available
· Working knowledge of common statistical methods and practical algorithms
· Experience setting up and working with project utilising artificial intelligence and machine learning
· Excellent analytical skills and strong statistical knowledge
· Use of data visualisation tools to convey model output, insights, and analysis
· Experience with using APIs
· Able to effectively manage stakeholder expectations
· Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
· Experience with Google Cloud Platform, particularly BigQuery
· Python and its data science libraries (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, seaborn, Scikit Learn, matplotlib, IPython / Jupyter).
· Experience with R we would be interested to know this, but it is not as essential.
· SQL, ideally in a BigQuery environment
· BI Tools, ideally Looker
· Advanced Excel, ideally with VBA
Finecast Team Identity
We believe that brilliant teams attract the next generation of brilliant employees.
INNOVATE: Through creativity and vision, we evolve.
BELONG: Together we promote a sense of self-worth and fulfilment.
STRIVE: We support each other’s growth and development, to drive success.
RESPECT: We earn respect through trust and integrity.
The Interview Process
The interview process will typically entail two stages. The numbers of stages may change based on the candidates’ suitability for the role. The likely process for this role would be as follows:
1. Initial interview with Head of Global Platform
Finecast is a leading addressable TV company which enables advertisers to precision target viewers across on-demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. Finecast gives advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles – all through a single point of access. Finecast optimises delivery across the entire addressable TV marketplace. With access to hundreds of different targeting segments, from socio-economic to life stage, purchase and financial data, advertisers can identify and reach viewers whenever and wherever they are watching. Finecast is part of GroupM, the media investment group of WPP.
Check below to see all of the open Finecast jobs organised by office location.